In fact, I don't think tabs are the best way to organize all your web pages, a better way is needed.
It is not so bad, tabs, I think: wasn't there an addon that gave a sort of cooliris like view of your tabs, something like alt+tab with apps but then with tabs?
What I really have in mind is some sort slideshow like tab switching (all maximized) with the f5 key as toggle to start sliding/switching and stop switching.
Something like this: https://addons.mozilla.org/nl/firefox/addon/5244/102 is a step in this direction
Ctrl+Tab navigation for Firefox tabs:
* Tabs are presented in most-recently-used order, similar to Alt+Tab on various operating systems
* Releasing Tab and pressing it again moves to the next preview
* Pressing W closes the selected tab
* Releasing Ctrl switches to the selected tab
* Hidden preferences: browser.ctrlTab.mostRecentlyUsed
Shift+Ctrl+Tab shows all tabs in a grid:
* Shows all open tabs
* Tabs can be closed by middle clicking
* Search field filters tabs based on their titles and addresses, Enter selects the first tab
Btw some of this is already included in firefox 3.6 when editng about:config
Set browser.ctrlTab.previews to true; default is false.
I would like to see the previews bigger.