Jdownloader in itself is a fantastic app, but updated in such a frenzy it's regularly not usable. An altermative is slimrat for RS Free
* install perl modules:
aptitude install libwww-mechanize-perl
aptitude install libgtk2-gladexml-perl xclip libspiffy-perl # for GUI
# Download the archive and unpack it somewhere (svn code may not work)
# Make symlinks in $PATH
ln -s /path/to/slimrat/slimrat /usr/local/bin/slimrat
ln -s /path/to/slimrat/slimrat-gui /usr/local/bin/slimrat-gui
# edit config file and select your terminal emulator
# Run slimrat --help (CLI)
# Run slimrat-gui (GUI)
The nice thing about this app it uses very little resources and provides a simple but effective gui for easy use.
* rapidshare.com Free
Not: * depositfiles.com
Patch for if you have problems with version 0.9.5.4: place a new rapidshar.pm in the plugin folder: http://slimrat.googlecode.com/issues/attachment?aid=-7662856610013720233&name=Rapidshare.pm
(right click and save as).
- ► 2013 (33)
- ► 2012 (29)
- ► 2011 (91)
- ► 2010 (90)
- Kernels updating
- Stream to Freecom MusicPal with gmediaserver
- ECIS Provides A History of Microsoft's AntiCompeti...
- when a damaged rar file doesn't open
- Using (G)rsync to backup folders to an external HD...
- Fast Stone Image Viewer (portable) in Hardy
- Batch convert svg to png
- Slimrat Rapidshare downloader
- Java version HJSplit
- Solving problems with JDownloader
- ▼ June (10)
- ► 2008 (123)
- Exclusion of liability Regarding StillStupid: The use you make of the guides, tips and downloads that you listed on this web site or on another website to which I refer is entirely at your own risk. In no way can I be held liable for damage or consequential damages of any kind, which occurs as a result of that use.