This Akoya comes with Windows 7 and boy what a lot of annoyances, but for the sake of overall compatibility for mainly disability software for my disabled daughter it is handy to have the new pain in the ass system in my home. Jesus how difficult and agonizing this OS is I nearly forgot. Destroys the fun in computing and you get manipulated around every angle. Using this system is really humiliating.
So on to a Dual boot; this system comes equipped with 4 primary partitions of with two are locked. So I had to delete the D patition named Recover , a primary partition after copying the content, the recovery files to an external hard disk. 4 Primary partitions is the maximum, so if you want one new extended one you have to reduce the primary to max 3. Then you can create logical partitions in the remaining frees space. Before Windows 7 you would create one large extended partition and create a lot of logical partitions in that one. You can create an extended partition with the command line tool Diskpart
create partition extended [size=n] [offset=n] [noerr]
Use the create partition extended command to create an extended partition of length size and starting address offset on the current drive. The drive must be an MBR disk.
After the partition is created, the new extended partition gains the focus. You can create only one extended partition. You can create logical drives only after you create an extended partition.
This maybe so, using a partition tool I could create logical partitions directly. Resizing partitions in Windows 7 is best done from windows 7, I read somewhere; don't know if that's true. Stop me if I'm guessing wrong, but you used the Ubuntu installer to shrink the Windows 7 partition, right?
After deleting D I recreated a logical partition D that can't be a proper recover partition any more because is not a primary partition anymore and a recovery partition has to be bootable, thus primary.
- ► 2013 (33)
- ► 2012 (29)
- ► 2011 (91)
- Make your own basic Workrave
- Word Completion or Prediction in Open Office
- Superblock last mount time is in the future
- howto run a new python script
- adeskmenu and madbox
- Grub2 and gdm harder to configure
- nieuwe gdm editor 9.10
- install of crunchbang an howto place grub
- How I installed nVidia drivers on a fresh 9.04 ins...
- bought this Aldi-PC Medion Akoya E4360 D
- Ereader of the future
- ▼ February (11)
- ► 2009 (62)
- ► 2008 (123)
- Exclusion of liability Regarding StillStupid: The use you make of the guides, tips and downloads that you listed on this web site or on another website to which I refer is entirely at your own risk. In no way can I be held liable for damage or consequential damages of any kind, which occurs as a result of that use.