You of course can do using a live CD
If you want to install from usb, don't use unetbootin but run the following command "sudo dd if=ArchBang_Symbiosis-2011.01.24-i686.iso of=/dev/YourUsbDevice bs=8M". Type fdisk -l to see your list of devices (your usb stick is probably /dev/sdb)
If you use unetbootin this is a workaround according to a forum member of AB>
When you get the "Wait 30sec for device 'ARCH-20XXXX'" Error or so, try to name the device exactly this way under Windows.
Then unetbootin and every other method should work fine.
The universal USB Installer from Pendrive seems to work out of the box:
- ► 2013 (33)
- ► 2012 (29)
- Wakka new GTKPacman wrapper like Synaptic
- Make room with pkgcacheclean in Arch
- When you miss xorg.conf as a configuration tool
- Bad fonts in Chromium?
- Firefox Arch search engines (AUR, Pkgs, BBS, Wiki,...
- Problem: username is not in the sudoers file
- When you have difficulty with oblogout
- When you forgot to add auser during install Arch
- how to blacklist an unwanted module
- install Archbang on USB drive from windows
- Arch set the keyboard to german or french
- Obapps openbox window settings per app
- fun type weblinks
- Hunspell solves spell checker problems in LibreOff...
- Ratpoison some essential info
- show all image files of a folder with feh
- wicd sometimes won't connect;hosts file ctkarch c...
- ▼ February (17)
- ► 2010 (90)
- ► 2009 (62)
- ► 2008 (123)
- Exclusion of liability Regarding StillStupid: The use you make of the guides, tips and downloads that you listed on this web site or on another website to which I refer is entirely at your own risk. In no way can I be held liable for damage or consequential damages of any kind, which occurs as a result of that use.