These are the most important pages for me as I feel totally disabled without the keyboard shortcuts I use from OB.
This is the biggest hurdle for me to translate the keybindings from my rc.xml file to the keys file in /home/user/.fluxbox.
I found an acceptable theme, sorry, style in spatula. After setting that the style option dialog stopped working; to solve this I had to change ~/.fluxbox/styles to /usr/share/fluxbox/styles in the menu file in /home/user/.fluxbox
Interesting the easy tabbing of different applications:
control-click a window's titlebar and drag to attach windows
OnTitlebar Control Mouse1 :StartTabbing
Link about window tabbing:http://fluxbox.sourceforge.net/docbook/en/fluxbox-docs.html#CHAP-TABS
I find fluxbox not slower but also not faster than openbox on my system.
I think fluxbox is easier to learn for newbies than openbox.
And definite pro for fluxbox is the right click option on the window header with the remember option where you can easily set window place, position, dimensions, save on close etc, well what you can define in the apps file in /home/user/fluxbox.
- ► 2013 (33)
- Change wallpaper and image desklet for Openbox
- Active edges for *box like wm's
- problems with pacman 4 getting enough security key...
- Fluxbox resources
- Easy choice between WMs using grub and xinitrc
- First impressions on fluxbox
- Howto make an Arch(bang) USB installation on USB
- Adding silences in mp3 file without converting
- ▼ January (8)
- ► 2011 (91)
- ► 2010 (90)
- ► 2009 (62)
- ► 2008 (123)
- Exclusion of liability Regarding StillStupid: The use you make of the guides, tips and downloads that you listed on this web site or on another website to which I refer is entirely at your own risk. In no way can I be held liable for damage or consequential damages of any kind, which occurs as a result of that use.