There is a serious security issue regarding pacman mirros.
A partial solution is paccheck.
Install: packer -S paccheck
Use: first synchronize mirrors: sudo pacman -Sy
Then: paccheck --install abc xyz
This will install package abc and xyz and their dependencies, check only those targets (including full mirror compare if configured), and offer to install them. Be sure to read the report to determine if installation is indicated.
How to do a general update with paccheck
When you do paccheck the command pacman -Sy is forwarded to the terminal and the mirrors are checked; when you don't get a warning, - look at the terminal output, you can let it go on; it will go on with pacman -Su ; when you see warnings you have to stop the update manually; fastest way is to close terminal window.
If you did this (stop the update) and want to go on anyway you will have to remove /var/lib/pacman/db.lck to be able to continue.
- ► 2013 (33)
- ► 2012 (29)
- More privacy when on internet
- Dependency problems with pacman3.5.1
- Create partition backup using SystemRescueCD and F...
- Undelete deleted files on NTFS partition or HD
- Run firefox in a sandbox for more security
- Deluge permission problems storing to ntfs drive
- Test your hd speed
- Pilaunch Dmenu like starter
- Paccheck tools to control mirrors
- ▼ March (10)
- ► 2010 (90)
- ► 2009 (62)
- ► 2008 (123)
- Exclusion of liability Regarding StillStupid: The use you make of the guides, tips and downloads that you listed on this web site or on another website to which I refer is entirely at your own risk. In no way can I be held liable for damage or consequential damages of any kind, which occurs as a result of that use.